Director of Corporate Accounts
For over 20 years, we’ve made the seemingly impossible, real. We unite fans with the very best athletes and brands in the world by creating unforgettable experiences. Whether you need to put on a ProCamp, imagine a FanFest experience, produce an event, or create compelling content, we’re the team! We’re spirited in creating loyalty amongst fans that will never be surrendered. Impossible deadlines, don’t know where to begin, or logistical nightmare? No worries: we’re meticulous, agile, and turn-key, producing flawless executions at low-cost.
The Director of Corporate Accounts is responsible for overseeing G3 accounts and the organization and planning of a wide array of experiences and activations which include conferences, product launches, annual general meetings, employee award ceremonies, and customer social events. The necessary processes are in place for the Director of Corporate Accounts to thrive. Following the set processes is imperative.
LEVEL OF REPORTING:
Director of Operations
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Director of Corporate Accounts takes ownership of events, experiences, and activations and builds a vision for each function based on the goals of the client. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Create, develop, and implement client events that build brands and client growth
- Work collaboratively on event production with internal teams and clients
- Carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Supervise operations staff as well as on-site support staff
- Oversee the event critical path from inception to completion
- Ensure first-class presentation and execution for all event operations
- Ensure operational fulfillment of corporate partner contracts and operational support of volunteer activities and programs
- Manage all client deliverables, including project plans, agendas, meetings, budgets, and communications
- Facilitate and contribute to all phases of new business opportunities, from fielding the call to furnishing the proposal concepts to presenting to the client alongside the team
- Contract with local, regional, and national vendors to ensure all products and services needs are met, on budget, and on time
- Provide other event program support as needed
G3 MARKETING EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and short-term/long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
- Casual and fun work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- 5+ years of event management and/or corporate event operations experience
- A passion and interest in the power of sports, entertainment, and culture
- Able to lift 35 pounds
- Proven track record of successfully executing small and large events and gaining trust and support from senior stakeholders
- A thoroughly developed knowledge of our industry, products and services, as well as those of our competitors and clients
- Ability to problem-solve in the moment and model grace under pressure
- Superb communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
Position is full-time offering base plus incentives, requiring 40 hours per week minimum. Regular travel is required throughout the year, and schedule flexibility is required.
Qualified applicants can submit their résumé, cover letter, and references to Sean Rowland at srowland@G3marketing.com.
G3 Marketing is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, national origin, religion or creed, gender identity, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.